Manny Pacquiao Esport Venture, Team Pacquiao GG
With the Team Pacquiao GG now making moves, Manny Pacquiao has officially established his eSports venture. The news of this new eSports-focused investment began late in 2021. The boxing legend became interested in bringing some of the country’s gaming personalities. Following a global launch, Team Pacquiao GG is now setting its eyes towards establishing a presence in the country.
Team Pacquiao GG Members
For now, Team Pacquaio GG consists mainly of streaming personalities. However, the goal is to eventually find the means to create and sponsor Philippine national eSports teams. Some of its current members are:
- Sh1nboo: Sh1nboo is a SEA eSports insider, shoutcaster, and tournament host.
- Superkimbie: Mobile legends streamer and a leading female content creator in the Philippines
- Ghost Wrecker: A long-time eSports personality responsible for TPGG’s charity events.
- Een Mercado: Een is the first female professional gamer from the Philippines.
- Gloco: One of the biggest gaming and lifestyle streamers who rose from his humble fisherman beginnings.
A Vision for the Future
Apart from creating an eSports team, Team Pacquaio hopes to become a launchpad for talents in various industries. They want to open the doors to boost Filipinos who can flourish in the gaming and eSports scene. To that end, Manny Pacquiao has allowed the team to use his social media channels for promotion. He’s also begun investments for the Metaverse.
They’re not looking to build a professional team right away but will be focusing on creating opportunities for aspirants. These will include tournaments and community events. The goal is to have a pro roster sometime next year, focusing on several popular games. Some of the names hinted at are Valorant, Mobile Legends, and League of Legends: Wild Rift.
Do you think Team Pacquiao GG can dominate the Esport scene like the former champ? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times