Read these motivational Muhammad Ali quotes and sayings and then share which one you liked most in the comments below.
Harness your inner champion with these inspiring quotes that will challenge you to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.
A true legend, this late boxer’s words are still just as motivational today as they were way back when.
Muhammed Ali is widely regarded as one of the greatest boxers of all time. He was the heavyweight champion of the world 3 times and has defeated some of the best boxers in the history of the sport.
He is known for his incredible speed, strength, and controversial statements.
Muhammad Ali quotes and poems are famous around the world.
Ali was a passionate and intelligent man that always spoke his mind and was full of wisdom.
Unlike most boxers who used their managers to talk for them, Ali wanted to be known in the media. Ali used the media to grow his audience and his message.
Ali loved to throw off his opponents before even stepping into the ring.
Muhammed Ali first took up boxing at age 12, after another kid stole his bike.
His amateur career went extremely well and he dominated any tournaments he entered.
He was trained by Chuck Bodak and was known for his exceptional discipline and dedication to the sport.
Many of his fights, such as the fights against George Foreman and Joe Frazier, are the most famous in boxing history. Ali became the heavyweight champion of the world at the young age of 21.
While Muhammad Ali’s boxing skills were incredible, he’s also known for being a free spirit.
While many other people fled to other countries to avoid the draft, Ali decided to publicly denounce it.
He refused to be drafted, and as a result, was jailed for 3 years in the prime of his boxing career.
His resistance and protest of the war, despite the repercussions, showed the world how strong Ali’s spirit was and inspired many.
Muhammed Ali will always be known for his rebellious nature, witty mouth, and incredible boxing ability.
He created a legacy that will live on forever. Everyone can learn something from Muhammad Ali quotes.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and funny Muhammad Ali quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
You might also like these motivational Manny Pacquiao quotes for when you are feeling down and out.
Muhammad Ali Quotes on Life
1. “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.” – Muhammad Ali
2. “I don’t count my sit-ups; I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count.” – Muhammad Ali
3. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
4. “It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.” – Muhammad Ali
5. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali
6. “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” – Muhammad Ali
Muhammad Ali Quotes on Being a Champion
7. “Friendship … is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
8. “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.” – Muhammad Ali
9. “A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” – Muhammad Ali
10. “Service t
10. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” – Muhammad Ali