Anthony Joshua slammed for asking for free burger at McDonald’s despite mass wealth
Heavyweight boxer Anthony Joshua came across like a right McPlonker after asking for a free burger at McDonald's drive-thru despite being worth a huge £115million
Anthony Joshua has been slammed for asking for a free burger at McDonald’s despite being worth £115million.
The heavyweight boxer went through the drive-thru to treat son JJ, six. The 32-year-old – nicknamed AJ – chatted to the worker at the window.
He told Joshua how he knew his sister Nikita. But the boxer then cheekily asked if he could have an extra burger without paying for it.He said: “You good yeah? The McDonald’s worker said: “Yeah, I’m good.” The former WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO belt holder then cheekily said: “Listen, throw an extra burger for me please? You got me?”
The shocked worker then said: “Pardon?” Joshua visited the McDonald’s in his home town Watford, Herts, added: “Throw me an extra burger?” The staff member said: “What one?”
The boxer – who lost his belts to Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk last September – said: “Any one, you surprise me.” One fan said: “I don’t know why he needed to ask for a free one. He has got all the money in the world.
“There are people struggling to buy food at the moment because of the cost of living crisis. Yet he is blagging free food. Also by putting it on Snapchat, the McDonald’s worker could get in trouble.
Joshua added in a post: “The kids will never know our struggles growing up. “Me: ‘Can I get McDonald’s on the way home please?’
“Mum or dad: There is rice at home.”
Away from the McDonald’s drive-thru, Joshua looks set for a blockbuster rematch with Usyk later this year. Although a date has not yet been set for the bout, Matchroom chief Eddie Hearn claimed recently that it would take place in July.
“The fight is 100 per cent happening in July,” Hearn confirmed last month. “We’re closing off the date at the moment, venue and everything and we hope to have an announcement for you very soon.
“July 23 is a strong possibility, it’s not done but that could be the date – [Saudi Arabia] is one of the front runners [to host the rematch],” he added.